Flower Power Blocks

I am having the best time taking a zillion small pieces of fabric and making the flower blocks for my baby quilt. The elephants in the center of the flower are the best. There are seven full flowers like the one pictured and four half flowers for the top and bottom edges of the quilt. This has been fun - I am doing many Y-seams on my Bernina for these flower blocks, and the points of the petals have come out quite crisp.



The colors are working out great, I really like the Moda Sunkissed fabric line. The light grey surrounding the flowers is the Misty Grey solid from Moda, it was a bit challenging to find this solid shade online.  And the elephants speak for themselves, they are too fun. Stay tuned and happy quilting!

Susan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heather Ross Mendocino Quilt, Here I Come!

New Large Rosette Underway