New Large Rosette Underway

After looking at the large rosettes for this project, I decided that one of them did not go well with the others. My black and pink attempt to do an outer flower ring was a little bit blah compared to its three siblings so I ripped off the outer ring in preparation for using this as one of my smaller rosettes in the quilt.


Then it was time to find some new Liberty Tana Lawn prints for the large rosette, so I went for the flowers! There are some sailboats and rabbits thrown in there for good measure. The rabbits are the small hexagon in the first ring of stars. Here is the new large rosette in progress.


As always, the center of the rosette consists of the little creepy Cranford faces. I think I have just enough of this fabric to use in all of my rosettes, then it will be gone for good.

Happy quilting!
Susan

Comments

  1. So glad you can use your hands again. It was great to see you on Friday even if I didn't get to speak to you much. I love the pink and black rosettes. The contrasts are stunning. And one more thing. Thank you for signing up to assist with admissions on Thursday. That is my area and I really appreciate your expertise. Muchas gracias. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...I went to CQC's Quilt-A-Fair over the weekend and found the Millefiori Book which jumped into my shopping bag! Just wondering if you bought paper pieces/made your own paper pieces/used acrylic templates or ??? I am sure this will be a project I will have to do when I retire...but thinking on the best way to accomplish this major gorgeous project! Looking forward to choosing fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a full kit of pieces and a set of templates with 3/8 inch borders from www.paperpieces.com. They are having a 30% off sale through the weekend. I might just buy another set of pieces for my next quilt from her book! This is an addicting project, no doubt about it. Happy piecing!

      Delete
    2. Sweet! I just ordered the 3/8" templates and a small pack of paper pieces.... Thanks for the info!!! Now...just gotta get up the gumption to work on it!

      Delete
    3. There is a great Facebook group led by Wendy Welsh called Millefiori/La Passacaglia English Paper Piecing with members from everywhere working on this quilt. Very helpful advice and very inspirational work being done.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Heather Ross Mendocino Quilt, Here I Come!