Starting a Crazy Kaffe Quilt!

My mother requested a quilt for her 80th birthday later this year, so it's past time to get started.  I decided to do a wild quilt with bright Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics.  I am happy with my decision based on this first block I recently finished as a "test drive".  Here it is:


Take a look at a full size view, too, with the block all trimmed and ready to go.  The Kaffe Plink in black and green, the very hard-to-find Gazania, his long out-of-print Organic Dots in gold and the Puff were the core fabrics I decided to use when selecting other more readily available prints and colors for this newest project.  It is quite a contrast to the Broken Dishes quilt top, which isn't nearly so bold and vibrant. 



The pattern is actually a Kaffe pattern from one of his books (I forget which one!) called "Hearts and Gizzards". The quilt in the book is done in blue and white fabrics and is much tamer in appearance than this quilt will be. This project should be a lot of fun! What do you think of my efforts and test drive results so far? 

Happy quilting!
Susan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heather Ross Mendocino Quilt, Here I Come!

New Large Rosette Underway