Kaffe"Hearts and Gizzards" Quilt Top Complete!

I am making progress on my "Hearts and Gizzards" quilt for my mother's 80th birthday.  The top is complete and it is time to make the back.  I have had to hunt for and order several fat quarters of numerous "hard to find" Kaffe fabrics that are in this quilt top so I can make more blocks for the back of the quilt.  Here's a look at the completed top.  

Although they are not sewn together in this photo, all of the pieces are together now.



I laid the blocks down in random order.  The only rules were not to have the same fabrics touching one another and to try and make the center wheels contain 8 different fabrics.  I must say, this simple layout strategy worked out pretty well.




Happy quilting!
Susan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heather Ross Mendocino Quilt, Here I Come!

New Large Rosette Underway