Sand Castle Quilt

It's always nice to have a finished quilt hanging around for a few days. This most recent project is a quilt for my granddaughter who turns 3 this week. I used the Heather Ross Far Far Away 2 fabric from Fabricworm and the Chasing Cottons Sand Castle quilt pattern to make a wonderful quilt for her bed. Since my Bernina and I aren't the best at quilting large items, I sent the quilt out for custom longarm quilting from Icepurplepenguin, and Jennet did a stunning job making everything work together. The little hearts in the quilting pattern are just wonderful.

Here is a picture of the entire quilt laying in the entry with me looking down from the stairs.


Quilt Top View


Here is a closer view of a few of the cute little castles with their towers, battlements, and front doors.

Closer view of the castles
And last but not least, here is a picture of the back of the quilt. It is also made from FFA2 fabric, and is half the little yellow moons and half the lavender moons. I thought about making it fancier but I discovered that my scrap pile was quite small after I had made the small squares that edge all of the castle squares.



This was a really fun project, and I was able to complete it using the recommended number of fat quarters. It was a lot of fun mixing and matching the fabrics across the castles, and then laying the squares out so that they looked nice together and no castle or sky fabrics were contiguous to one another.

Happy quilting!
Susan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Large Rosette Underway

Heather Ross Mendocino Quilt, Here I Come!