Tana Lawn Quilt: Putting the Pieces Together

It's always fun to have enough blocks to play with.  I randomly laid the completed blocks out just to see what the quilt might look like one day.  It looked pretty interesting although I am still missing some pieced squares around the edges.  The dark edge will be completed with half triangles all around the edge of what you see here.  I haven't pieced those guys yet!


I need to decide if I am going to enlarge this pattern a bit or perhaps get creative with the edging and binding to add a bit more size in the end. Here's a close look at the shading effect, which is the key element of this very grey quilt! I am really pleased with how the Liberty Tana Lawn greys shade from light on the inside to the much darker border. The medium shades were the hardest ones to come by and I think a few more medium tones might have added a bit more contrast to the gradual fade.


I am happy with this project so far, now it's back to piecing more blocks and deciding what, if anything, happens around the completed dark edges.  

Merry Christmas!
Susan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heather Ross Mendocino Quilt, Here I Come!

New Large Rosette Underway